[pdb-discuss] public domain registry: simple semi-wiki implementation

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 12 08:10:07 UTC 2006

I have been thinking quite a bit about how to get a simple working
prototype of our public domain registry up. I've had some contact with
the FFII's gauss project:

   http://gauss.ffii.org/

which has put a lot of software patents in a wiki using the 'virtual'
plugin for moinmoin_[1]. Having looked at that I thought that we could
try doing the same with the registry. The major drawback of this
approach is that while comments may be created in the wiki the
underlying data (in our case the work metadata) is *not* editable from
the wiki interface.

Summary
*******

1. All metadata in a backend database
2. Presented through the wiki front-end
3. Comments and other stuff can be added through the wiki

What do people think?

Regards,

Rufus

[1] See http://project.knowledgeforge.net/gauss/svn/trunk/ for the
source. In particular for examples of virtual plugins see
src/moin/plugin/virtual/