[pdb-discuss] stuff to do

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 26 18:53:32 UTC 2006

Nathan Lewis wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> The Demo looks extremely good. I'll have a go at adding your
> suggested error field to the output. Have you entered anything into a
> database yet?
>
> If you are using mysql could you please do a mysqldump of it and
> commit the sql into svn?

All the db interfacing is being done via sqlobject, a python
object-relational mapper library (see dm.py). This wrapper is database
agnostic so you can use mysql/postgres/sqlite (see the uri string in
etc/pdw.conf.new). At present i'm just using sqlite in memory and/or on
disk because it is very quick however when we come to proper deployment
we'll probably use postgres or mysql.

Thus I'd recommend interfacing with the db via this wrapper: it is
**very** simple and provides a very nice object interface as well as
meaning we aren't tied to any db. If this isn't convenient i can post a
sql dump of the db structure which you could use to directly insert stuff.

Regards,

Rufus