[pdb-discuss] Brief update from iSummit

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Jun 29 21:11:07 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

On Thursday 29 June 2006 19:30, you wrote:
> Tom Chance wrote:
> > It would make a lot of sense to at least create a hub (wiki page and/or
> > mailing list) through iCommons so people doing public domain projects can
> > keep in touch and discuss this further.
>
> This is a great idea. Are you happy to be the contact with iCommons on
> this and arrange a mailing list to be set up.

I'd rather somebody else who is more involved with PD Burn did it, but if
nobody else is forthcoming I'll stand in for now. I'm certainly happy to get
the list set-up in the meantime. I'll do that now, in fact :)

> There is already a very
> incomplete listing of existing projects on:
>
> http://www.freeculture.org.uk/PublicDomainBurn/WorkPlan
>
> (this should probably be somewhere else)

Moved and expanded:
http://www.freeculture.org.uk/PublicDomainBurn/SimilarProjects

I've poked some of the people I met at the summit to give me more details on
their projects too.

Regards,
Tom

--
The task of critique is not to denounce the ideals, but to show their
transformation into ideologies, and to challenge the ideology in the