[pdb-discuss] Metadata Party: Call for Volunteers 2

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Oct 5 11:24:01 UTC 2006

Back in August Tim was kind enough to head up an effort to run a
'metadata party' to add information to:

   http://www.publicdomainworks.net/

This had a dual purpose:

   a) actually add data to the site
   b) gather feedback on what is good/bad about the site
   c) how hard is going to be to find information

At the last fc-uk irc meeting we agreed we should try and do this again
with more volunteers (not just Michael and Tim!).

I count 116 items on the the index of artists but some of these already
have dates (usually performers where date is combined into the name: a
bug which needs requires work on the BL html parser to fix).

Anyway if we each took ten each this would only need around eleven of us
(i suggest that people put their initials next to the artist name on the
artist index page in order to indicate they are dealing with that person).

**So please, please spare 10 minutes of your time to enter some death
dates! And, if you are going to volunteer, please write back to the list
so we all know who is participating**

Regards,

Rufus