[pdb-discuss] Fwd: Public domain burn

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Oct 5 15:02:00 UTC 2006

Ahoy,

Just got this, can people suggest some responses to questions below and I'll
edit them together into a reply?

Regards,
Tom

Subject: Public domain burn
Date: Thursday 05 October 2006 15:42
From: "Kerryn McKay" <mckay at icommons.org>
To: tom at acrewoods.net

Dear Tom

I am part of the newly formed non-profit org The African Commons Project
and am also currently working with Heather and Diane on establishing a
direction (for proposal to the community) for the iCommons incubator.  I
have also spoken with your uncle, Toby Chance, regarding the Soweto
Festival, thanks to a helpful lead from you.  (Unfortunately time was
rather tight so we didn't manage to have a presence at the festival, but
we're keen to participate next year.)

Anyway, the above is simply by way of an introduction.  The reason that
I'm emailing you is that I would like to pick your brain about the Public
Domain Burn project, which would be a great project to include on the
iCommons Incubator for replication in other countries.

Of course some information is available on the project page, but some info
would need your input.

The info that I would be looking for is along the lines of:
*  objectives of the project
*  tools and resources:  were these created/ how were they found etc?
*  people working on setting up the project:  what skills needed
*  people contributing to working project: who is, or has, contributed
*  how many works have been added
*  what is the activity like (slow, fast etc)
*  who funded the project (if at all)
*  who is administering the project
*  what timeline (if any) are you working towards
*  what will be the expected result (obvious, but nontheless!)
*  how will the information gained (either process info or actual info
around the public domain works) be dissseminated

Would you be able to supply me with the information above?  Or, should
there be another contact with whom I should get in touch, please let me
know.

Kind regards
Kerryn

Kerryn Mckay

iCommons
share the past, create the future

telephone:  +27 11 327 3155
cell:  +27 82 334 6165
Skype user name:  kerrynmac
AIM user name:  shegingerly

1st floor
Offices at the Grace
54 Bath Avenue
Rosebank
2196

The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera