[pdb-discuss] Next steps

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jan 29 14:03:01 UTC 2007

Dear All,

Following our last meeting and the discussion on list I've put together
a short list of things we can work on. Please take a look and indicate
if you'd be interested to help out with any of these items.

Regards,

Rufus

1. Sort out a proper wordpress-based website

   * Put in some of our news over the last year
   * Migrate information from the current moinmoin-based site available
at http://www.publicdomainworks.net/
   * Copy over any relevant the copyright info we've collected under
http://www.freeculture.org.uk/PublicDomainBurn/

I've now made the wordpress install available at:

   http://blog.publicdomainworks.net/

and checked Michael's login -- repeatedly :)

*Who*: Michael was kind enough to volunteer to do an hour or so on a
week. Tim, I wondered whether you'd be able to help out here?

2. Parsing that composer list we received and uploading the results data
to musicbrainz. This involves

   * parsing the original text file
   * checking which composers are already listed on musicbrainz
   * working out how we can automate uploading to musicbrainz (or
failing that uploading information by hand)

*Who*: Rufus (me), Nathan (?), Andrew (?)

3. BBC catalogue data

   * investigate parsing of data
   * confirm rights status (are we allowed to upload to musicbrainz)

*Who*: volunteers needed!