[pdb-discuss] Meeting, recent progress and next steps

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jul 20 13:22:33 UTC 2007

Thanks to everyone who came to the meeting yesterday. If you have any
notes you'd like to share I've now created a dedicated wiki page at:

   http://okfn.org/wiki/PublicDomainWorks/meeting-2007-07-19

I plan to add some stuff soon and Jon, if your photo came out okay, this
might be the place to upload it or link to it from.

In the mean time I've been making head way on the coding front and we
now have a functional web application as well as proper code to do
copyright status calculations (see the timeline[1] for details).

Next step is to start getting data into it either from musicbrainz or
from the material we have. To this end I know that Yves and James have
been kind enough to agree to take a look at the BBC date which can be
found in this directory (A1.txt and A1_sample.txt):

http://p.knowledgeforge.net/pdw/

Meanwhile I'll be seeing how easy it is both to send data to musicbrainz
and to suck data back from MusicBrainz and upload it into the database.

~rufus

[1]: http://p.knowledgeforge.net/pdw/trac/timeline