[pdb-discuss] Introduction

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Wed Jun 27 21:38:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 13:01 +0100, Rufus Pollock wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> [snip]
> > CC is not quite ready to formally announce the pdwiki project we are
> > working on with Access Copyright, Wikimedia Foundation and CC Canada.
> >
> > I want to open the doors as soon as possible and work towards
> > interoperability and sustainability between similar projects...community
> > support is super important to our projects...
>
> I think the most crucial thing is having an open license on the data
> (This is what I emphasized to Mia when I first spoke to her about all of
> this a year and a half ago [1]). The next thing is APIs to allow
> swapping data between different systems.

This is absolutely correct. Currently we are using drupal for our
system, operating with all software into GPL, all content CC BY, and
have a public API in the works in addition to everything drupal already
provides.

> [1]: http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/pdb-discuss/2006-May/000029.html
>
> > Is there a place where you all work on a wiki and/or have detailed
> > similar projects?
>
> There's some old material on:
>
>    http://www.freeculture.org.uk/PublicDomainBurn/SimilarProjects
>
> But we should start using our new trac wiki:
>
>    http://p.knowledgeforge.net/pdw/trac/wiki

Thanks for the URLs...this is good to see!!!

> > Also, I will be in birmingham/UK JUL 15 - 19 and London 19-21. Is there
> > a time in there where we can get interested parties together to discuss
> > more?
>
> That sounds like a great idea. London sounds better, what about the
> afternoon of July 19 or 20th?
>
> ~rufus

Great, I sent times in my other email.

Jon