[pdb-discuss] Something concrete we could do in the next week

Nathan Lewis nathan_lewis at mac.com
Sat Mar 10 23:20:29 UTC 2007

Hi Rufus,

Have you done any of these things so far?

I have had a play with the musicbrainz client but I found that the
deprecated rdf based perl binding does not appear to work very well and
the new ReST based perl binding is very incomplete. How are the python
bindings?

If neither are up to the task then we will have to write code to use
the ReST api directly which wouldn't be too difficult but we will still
need some tricky heuristics to work out which artist to go with when
more than one match the name.
I think the musicbrainz cross referencing might be too much to get
working in one week.

Cheers,

Nathan