[pd-calculators] Collaboration for public domain flowcharts

Andy Kaplan-Myrth andy at kaplan-myrth.ca
Fri Mar 27 14:04:06 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

As you may have already seen, we wrote a flowchart for Canadian
copyright terms as a starting point for the soon-to-be-released
Canadian Public Domain Registry. I wrote it using the open source
diagramming software DIA. You can find it online here, along with its
source:
   http://blog.kaplan-myrth.ca/updates-to-the-canadian-copyri

I've been thinking about how I can help kickstart similar efforts
elsewhere. One way might be to pare down the Canadian flowchart to a
basic template that will serve as a starting point for other
countries. Or, if there aren't enough commonalities among
jurisdictions, perhaps it would be helpful for other projects just to
start from the Canadian flowchart?

Either way, I've put the Canadian flowchart on a collaborative space
where other projects can work on it online:
   http://www.glinkr.net/map/spot/1234/

Glinkr's import/export feature doesn't work properly, but if you
register on the site you'll apparently be able to make a copy of my
flowchart to work on.

Please contact me if you think it's a good idea to make a common
template and you're interested in working on it.

Cheers,
Andy

--
Andy Kaplan-Myrth, M.A., LL.B.