[pd-discuss] What works will fall into public domain on 1st Jan 2010?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Nov 19 21:32:23 UTC 2009

2009/11/19 Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org>:
> I wonder whether we can harness any of the existing work on the public
> domain calculators + metadata about works to answer the question:
>
>  * What works will fall into public domain on 1st Jan 2010?
>
> It would be great if we could put something together for public domain day 2010!

We've got a page up on http://www.publicdomainworks.net/ that does
this (crudely at present) for the data in that database (most of whose
author info is derived from the amazing work of Philip Harper with his
New General Catalogue of Books and Authors). For example, here's the
info for 2010:

<http://www.publicdomainworks.net/stats/year/2010>

Most notable authors I can see (helps to sort by no. of works btw) are:

Yeats, William Butler
Grey, (Pearl) Zane
Ellis, (Henry) Havelock
Freud, Sigmund(=Sigismund Schlomo) [Prof]
Mandelstam, Osip Emilevich

Regards,

Rufus