[pd-discuss] How to build a public domain calculator?

Angelopoulos, C.J. C.J.Angelopoulos at uva.nl
Thu Nov 19 13:32:10 UTC 2009

Hello Jonathan and all,

Jonathan: yes, the questionnaire available now on the google spreadsheet is indeed what we’ve been somewhat optimistically referring to as the “simple version”. Lucie and I did also prepare a slightly more detailed questionnaire as well, which I’ve attached to this email (I hope attachments work in these lists
?)Please feel free to place this online alongside the simple one if you think it is useful. As you can see, the differences are minimal. What we did basically is prepare the “complex” questions and then remove as much stuff as we thought it best so as to avoid overburdening prospective recipients lending us their expertise. In the event, that was not much, as the questions opened by a close inspection of the Term Directive are not easy or few!

Just to clarify: am I right that, as opposed to IViR questionnaire, the questions we are formulating on the spreadsheet for the experts intended to be based on the international situation and not the EU situation? The generic 'skeleton' public domain flow chart seems to be applicable to non-EU countries as well, right?

Best wishes,

Christina