[pd-discuss] Public domain texts in different languages?

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue Feb 9 21:43:12 UTC 2010

Yes, exactly David: not a great deal of overlap between these projects!

I've often found public domain texts in different languages on a 'case
by case' basis - but it would be good to start to start collating
links on substantial collections at:
http://ckan.net/group/publicdomain

The Wikipedia link does look like a good start and we should create
packages for these in CKAN.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gutenberg

Ultimately, it would be great to federate these different collections
and enable searching and querying from a single front end. Would also
be great to connect texts to publicdomainworks.net and similar!

Also want to start thinking more seriously about things like 'public
domain request' service, and other useful parts of the puzzle:

  http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/okfn-help/2009-November/000430.html

All the best,

Jonathan