[pd-discuss] Monthly virtual meetings on publicdomaincalculators / public domain works

Angelopoulos, C.J. C.J.Angelopoulos at uva.nl
Tue Jan 26 15:26:30 UTC 2010

Dear all,

On behalf of IVIR I'm afraid I have to report that installing IRC
clients is not possible at the moment on the University of Amsterdam's
system. No IRC client has currently been packaged for the University,
meaning that permission to run the programme on our PCs can only be
obtained upon payment of a significant fee. As a result unfortunately
neither Lucie nor myself will be able to take part in the virtual
meeting at 16:30h.

This will also probably influence our ability to take part in future
meetings as well, if they are to take place on the IRC channel....
Other programmes, notably skype, are accessible on the University's
networks, if that helps at all....

Sorry for the late notice, but it was only earlier to today that we
realised the meeting would take place on the OKFN IRC channel and then
found out about the incompatibility.

Enjoy the meeting and best wishes,

Christina

**********************************

Christina Angelopoulos

Researcher / Editor,
Institute for Information Law (IViR),
University of Amsterdam,
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam,
The Netherlands
Tel. +31 20 525 3456, Fax. + 31 20 525 3033
E-mail: c.j.angelopoulos at uva.nl
Web-site: www.ivir.nl
<file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/cangelo1/Application%20Data/Micro
soft/Signatures/www.ivir.nl>