[pd-discuss] WG6 Public Domain Calculators meeting Amsterdam 12 July 2010

Guibault, L. L.Guibault at uva.nl
Tue Jul 6 14:16:47 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Here are some important practical details in preparation for next week's
Public Domain Calculator's meeting.

The meeting will be held on Monday 12 July 2010, from 11-17 hrs in the
Documentation center of the Institute for Information Law of the
University of Amsterdam, located on Korte Spinhuissteeg 3 in Amsterdam.
For a map of the Center, please have a look at:
http://www.ivir.nl/accessibility.html

Agenda for the meeting:

- do a detailed review of current work on the public domain calculators
-- including recent developments at Europeana, work at the Open
Knowledge Foundation and Severine Dusollier's report for WIPO.

- discuss the future of work in this area, with a view to consolidating
specific recommendations for the Communia project. In particular we will
consider policy recommendations related to copyright in Europe that may
come out of insights deriving from the research on the public domain
calculators.

- discuss how we can move from provision for calculations for specific
works, to automated calculation based on bibliographic metadata.

Christina and I look forward to welcoming you then,

Best regards,

Lucie

Lucie Guibault
Instituut voor Informatierecht
Postadres
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, Nederland
Bezoekadres
Korte Spinhuissteeg 3, kamer B2.17
Tel: +31.20.525.3947
Fax: +31.20.525.3033
Email: L.Guibault at uva.nl
Web: www.ivir.nl

Please note that I am not in the office on Mondays