[pd-discuss] Flowchart based Public Domain calculator API call

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Wed Mar 3 10:42:35 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I've cleaned the code for the flowchart/xml based Public Domain Calculator Substantially (I removed all Graphical User Interface code as that is now in a higher state of development over at EuropeanaLabs' SVN (/contrib/kennisland/)

As said before I have made 4 calculators available (no, uk, nl, and generic european(ge) ) so these can be filled in as ISO jurisdiction codes.

The calculator does not calculate by date but by year so it cuts the date format (now in yyyymmdd) at yyyy

I've extended the API call by putting a JSON work object in an array so we can make a call of a set of works instead of one at a time.
it will output an array with results in the same order as it got them.

I've updated the code and put it all on sourceforge (svn co https://pdc-kl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pdc-kl pdc-kl)

Things we need to do before we could use these on datasets:
- integration with public domain works
- identifying not 100% scenarios and putting them in the xml
- putting it on a server which can handle the load of larger sets.
- develop flowcharts for all jurisdictions ;)

best,

Maarten Zeinstra

Kennisland | Knowledgeland
T: +31.20.575.6720 | E: mz at kl.nl