[pd-discuss] Jason Kitcat, the Public Domain, extent of copyright and free speech abuse

Jim Killock jim at openrightsgroup.org
Mon Nov 1 17:09:22 UTC 2010

Hi folks

If you're concerned with abuse of copyright to create censorship, please consider signing our letter defending Jason Kitcat, a Councillor and Advisory member of ORG who posted Youtube clips of council meetings taken from the Council's website. They are claiming that, as copyright materials, they are a 'resource' which Councillors may not use for political purposes.

http://bit.ly/kitcatcopyrightcase

I'm sending this here as free speech limitations to copyright are important to the 'public domain', as we see it.

Than you,

Jim
Jim Killock
Executive Director