[pd-discuss] Public Domain Day 2011 / Which works enter the PD in 2011?

kaoru t tkaoru34 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:40:31 UTC 2010

Hi.
I'm Kaoru Tanaka from Japan.  I am interested in your Public Domain Day
Project.  I am wondering if your list is limited to Western authors.  If it
is not, I would like to add Japanese ones.  Japan is a "Life+50" country, so
all the works of the following writers will enter the Public Domain next
year.

        (Family Name...First Name)
犬養健 Inukai Takeru (1896-1960)
正親町公和 Oozamachi Kinkazu (1881-1960)
賀川豊彦 Kagawa Toyohiko (1888-1960)
岸上大作 Kishigami Daisaku (1939-1960)
北村喜八 Kitamura Kihachi (1898-1960)
木村錦花 Kimura Kinka (1877-1960)
久留島武彦 Kurushima Takehiko (1874-1960)
佐藤緑葉 Sato Ryokuyo (1886-1960)
杉浦翠子 Sugiura Suiko (1885-1960)
火野葦平 Hino Ashihei (1907-1960)
吉井勇 Yoshii Isamu (1886-1960)
和辻哲郎 Watsuji Tetsuro (1889-1960)

I do not know much about the copyright laws of other countries, but I guess
in "Life+70" countries the works of the following authors will enter the
public domain.

       (Family Name...First Name)
麻生久 Aso Hisashi (1891-1940)
大森義太郎 Oomori Yoshitaro (1898-1940)