[pd-discuss] Free BMD and PD Calculators

Jordan S Hatcher jordan at opencontentlawyer.com
Thu Sep 23 17:37:28 UTC 2010

Hi everyone

Not sure if this is a repeat of anything already discussed, but I had a chat with the Open Rights Group's new open data campaigner this week, and in addition to open biblio data, the birth marriage and (importantly) death records at the Free BMD database might be of some benefit:

<http://www.freebmd.org.uk/>

As I understand it, there some additional work being done at the moment to make the BMD records held by UK government, more public, more accurate. and more accessible.

Just a thought.  If you think there's some area of open government data that ORG should be working on, I'm sure Javi would appreciate any help.

Javier Ruiz <javier at openrightsgroup.org>

Thanks

~Jordan

____