[pd-discuss] OKCon 2011

Primavera De Filippi pdefilippi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 17:18:37 UTC 2011

Hi all,
this is to let you know that the Open Knowledge Foundation is
organizing the 6th annual OKCon(ference) on the 30th June - 1st July
2011 in Berlin
The call for participation is open and proposals can be submitted till
the 1st of May
Participation can be of many forms, including, but not limited to:
    * presentation sessions
    * lightning talks
    * hands on workshops
    * open space
    * exhibition spaces
    * open design and fablab
    * hackspace
for more details see http://okcon.org/2011/cfp/

It would be great if the Public Domain WG would participate to the
conference with an event aimed at facilitating the access and
encouraging the reuse of public domain material.
I was thinking we could organize a "hands on workshop" whereby people
would bring to the conference one or more of their favorite public
domain works (be it a literary, musical or artistic work) and the
participants could collaborate together towards the creation of a
series of derivate works. Something in the lines of
combinatoria.okfn.org
Of course, this is just one idea, any other ideas or suggestions are welcome !

So basically, I would like to know if anyone in the list would be
interested in participating to the conference and help organize the
event.. and what do you think the event should be like :)