[pd-discuss] Adding items to PublicDomainWorks.net

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 6 13:30:09 UTC 2011

Dear Luca, Jonathan,

Clearly the ability to add people to the Public Domain Works database
is important. As an  interim solution, while preparing the 2011
release, I put up a simple google form where you can submit "missing
people":

<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGZLYlpCZ0F0em1idWJXUF9wVWd0M3c6MQ>

Submissions to this form can be viewed here:

<https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aon3JiuouxLUdGZLYlpCZ0F0em1idWJXUF9wVWd0M3c&hl=en&output=html>

Regards,

Rufus

On 9 December 2010 12:48, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> Luca (in cc) is keen to see the following items added to the 2011 list [1]:
>
>    * Walter Benjamin
>    * F. Scott Fitzgerald
>    * Leon Trotsky
>    * Nathanael West
>
> I know this list is generated automatically based on calculators +
> metadata, and hence would infer that we lack (accurate/complete)
> metadata on the authors above. Is there any easy way for someone to
> rectify this by hand?
>
> Luca: the next big release of PublicDomainWorks.net will hopefully
> make it easier to edit/add items! ;-)
>
> [1] http://www.publicdomainworks.net/stats/year/2011
>
> --
> Jonathan Gray