[pd-discuss] Using an intermediate language for pdcalc proposal

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Thu Mar 17 07:36:49 UTC 2011

Hi platonides,

I agree with you that my intermediate data format is not the most estetically pleasing of it's kind. However it is also exactly that: data. Getting Dijkstra on me is a bit of an overkill. As Dijkstra discussed algorithms, not data models. When my calculator parses this format it transforms it into a nice object oriented acyclic directed graph. I do completely agree with the evaluate property however. I think there are better solutions for that, which I didn't consider at the time.

Could you sketch or proof of concept a tertiary approach?

Cheers,

Maarten Zeinstra

Kennisland | Knowledgeland
T: +31.20.575.6720 | M: +31.6.43.053.919
www.kennisland.nl | www.knowledgeland.org

Op Mar 17, 2011 om 2:24 heeft Platonides <platonides at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: