[pd-discuss] Using an intermediate language for pdcalc proposal

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Thu Mar 17 09:34:36 UTC 2011

When developing knowledge intense software, like a calculator you do not want to require legal knowledge and programming knowledge to be necessary present in one person. I've seen this time and again when researching flowcharts for Europeana together with Christina from IViR. I have a different way of thinking about these issues than Christina, Having a intermediary data model separates this layers of thinking, researching and developing.

Also maintaining a large number of jurisdiction does not depend on a software developer but a management tool. Maintenance becomes a task for the law scholar not the programmer. What you want to avoid that maintenance of the a calculator is a job for both a developer and a law scholar. That is just not efficient.

Best,

Maarten Zeinstra

Kennisland | Knowledgeland

T: +31.20.575.6720 | M: +31.6.43.053.919 | S: mzeinstra
www.kennisland.nl | www.knowledgeland.org