[pd-discuss] Activities for Public Domain Day 2013

Maarten Zeinstra mz at kl.nl
Thu Dec 20 14:51:46 UTC 2012

I don't know if anyone queried DBpedia yet, couldn't find it on the list using a quick search.

WIth some help I created this query:

PREFIX dbpedia: <http://dbpedia.org/resource/>
PREFIX dbpprop: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>
select distinct ?author ?year ?nationality where {
?author dbpprop:nationality ?nationality.
?author dbpprop:deathDate ?year.
FILTER regex(?year, "1942").
}
LIMIT 1000

results here:

http://dbpedia.org/sparql?default-graph-uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org&query=PREFIX+dbpedia%3A+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fresource%2F%3E%0D%0APREFIX+dbpprop%3A+%3Chttp%3A%2F%2Fdbpedia.org%2Fproperty%2F%3E%0D%0Aselect+distinct+%3Fauthor+%3Fyear+%3Fnationality+where+%7B%0D%0A%3Fauthor+dbpprop%3Anationality+%3Fnationality.%0D%0A%3Fauthor+dbpprop%3AdeathDate+%3Fyear.%0D%0AFILTER+regex%28%3Fyear%2C+%221942%22%29.%0D%0A%7D+%0D%0ALIMIT+1000&format=text%2Fhtml&timeout=0&debug=on

Unfortunately very few Dutch people, only three.

Cheers,

Maarten Zeinstra

--
Kennisland | www.kennisland.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra