[pd-discuss] Activities for Public Domain Day 2013

Adrian Pohl adrian.pohl at okfn.org
Fri Dec 21 09:55:35 UTC 2012

On 20 December 2012 15:51, Maarten Zeinstra <mz at kl.nl> wrote:
> I don't know if anyone queried DBpedia yet, couldn't find it on the list
> using a quick search.

I did, see [1]. As Jindrich Mynarz (who helped me to improve the
query) and I were confronted with some problems in DBpedia and Tom
provided me an example Freebase query, I used Freebase in the end [2].

But the DBpedia query could be improved by also querying transitive
properties (subproperties). I started creating such a query at [3]
(building on Jindrich Mynarz examples in the previous query we worked
on at [4]). I think there are already most of the important
yago-classes and their subclasses) covered in this query but probably
more could be added. E.g. yago:Communicator already encompasses

Unfortunately I don't have the time to do some more work on this but
perhaps someone else could...

All the best
Adrian

[1] http://www.uebertext.org/2012/10/querying-dbpedia-to-find-public-domain.html