[pd-discuss] Music in the Public Domain

Adam Green adam.green at okfn.org
Tue May 8 09:50:28 UTC 2012

ahh ok.. completely misunderstood! ooops.. i think i have it now.
thanks for clearing it up!

am I right in assuming then that for spoken word, (e.g. a radio
program from the mid 40s) the content provided by the 'speaker' (and
composer of the words, if scripted) is also protected under copyright
until 70 years after the speaker/composer death? (let us assume that
in these cases there is no actual copyright mark attached to a
transcript of the show). Take for example this:
http://publicdomainreview.org/2011/08/07/tokyo-rose-1944/ - would we
have to take this down from the PDR?