[pd-discuss] Fwd: Public Domain Call for Arts

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 15:11:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Joris Pekel <joris.pekel at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I think the work that Adrian and a few others have done comes in handy
>
> Using DbPedia/Freebase to find works that enter the public domain.
>
> http://www.uebertext.org/2012/10/using-dbpedia-to-find-public-domain.html

The link is actually
http://www.uebertext.org/2012/10/querying-dbpedia-to-find-public-domain.html

Sam Leon also started a separate spreadsheet and there were a few replies
in the earlier thread on this list with potential sources.  The best
starting point I've seen isn't any fancy semantic database, but a basic
domain specific site:

http://www.authorandbookinfo.com/cgi-bin/year.pl?year=1942

Rather than having a bunch of different people start "volunteer your data"
efforts, it'd be good to see a single focused effort.

Tom