[pd-discuss] Fwd: Public Domain Call for Arts

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 11:45:40 UTC 2012

It really depends on what you're asking for - Canada specifically?

There is no one "public domain"; there are several, and material that
is PD in one country may not be PD in others. Film is a particuarly
complex thing to determine the copyright of, as well, compared to nice
simple books with a single author and a single creative element!

There's a list of public domain *in the US* films here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_in_the_public_domain_in_the_United_States

I don't know of one for any other jurisdiction.

- Andrew.