[pd-discuss] Update on Gale

Peter B. Hirtle pbh6 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 9 19:22:18 GMT 2013

I talked to our Gale representative. She didn't know anything about this site or announcement but promised to look into it.  She just called back and said that it appears that someone has hacked into the Gale site, copying its look and its content.  She said that Gale will be releasing an announcement shortly that this site has nothing to do with them and telling people to stay away.

The only good news: our IT folks have not yet been able to identify any malicious threats generated from my visiting the web site or running the software.  They are investigating further, but for now it would appear to be a very elaborate hoax.

Peter
peter.hirtle at cornell.edu