[pd-discuss] Reminder : Public Domain Day

Primavera De Filippi primavera.defilippi at okfn.org
Tue Jan 8 23:34:37 UTC 2013

Hi all,
today I had a meeting with Wikimedia France and we have established the
program for the Public Domain Day in Paris, which will be held on the 31st
of January.
The event will mainly be around the idea of "remixing the public domain" :
we will exhibit a series of public domain works which have been remixed by
french artists, and we will provide a list of public domain works to
everyone attending, inviting them to do the same (more details later).
I was wondering whether anyone from a different jurisdiction is planning to
organize such an event during the month of January, and - if so - whether
you would like to coordinate our action so as to promote an international
initiative around "remixing the public domain" !
Let me know,
Primavera