[pd-discuss] PRESS RELEASE : Gale releases all its public domain content freely on the open web

Peter B. Hirtle pbh6 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 9 18:34:51 UTC 2013

I agree that this looks suspicious - and now I feel pretty dumb.  I didn't even notice that the web site was part of the Gale domain.  The domain name is listed with a registrar in Germany.  The supposed press release is not found on any of the Gale sites that I can see.

So it looks very suspicious.  I have a call into our Gale representative to confirm.

But what an elaborate hoax - unless it is predicated on the belief that those who believe in the public domain are naïve.

John, thanks for urging caution.

Peter
peter.hirtle at cornell.edu