[pd-discuss] Public Domain Remix

Bob Moore b0bm00r3 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 21:17:37 UTC 2013

I've been working on image "re-mixes" -- I call them RE-creations -- since
October. You can check them out on my website at
http://www.philly-bob.net/pdderiv.htm.

It's a satisfying activity for this retired journalist who always wanted to
be an graphic artist. Just like journalism, you never know what the day's
new public domain treasures will be -- Egyptology one day, construction
techniques another, old theatre photos the next.

I try to do an image a day and check Internet Archive.Org for new uploads.

On your specific plans, I would need to know more about the "challenge,"
but I'm excited by the idea of online remix publication. I'd also like to
see some organized explanation of the different public domain licensing
terms and some easy way to learn how to start scanning/uploading old
material myself.

I'd also like to see a discussion of predecessors in collage techniques.
Moholy-Nagy and Joseph Cornell come to mind.

Cheers,

Bob=Moore
philly_bob

--
This is an occasional email address. The email address that always works
for me is <bobmoore at pobox.com>.