[pd-discuss] books2ebooks.eu - E-Books on Demand

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Mar 18 18:56:13 UTC 2013

On 18 March 2013 15:55, Estermann Beat <beat.estermann at bfh.ch> wrote:

> As far as I know there is no public list of works that have been scanned as
> part of the EOD programme. – But I don’t see why they wouldn’t make one
> available if someone asked them. (although life is full of surprises …)

EOD run a twitter feed of all (online) copies of digitised books;
presumably this means there is a running list somewhere offline if not
online.

https://twitter.com/EOD_eBooks

They did 185 in December, which is about six volumes a day. Most seem
to be in German (or Latin) but there's a very wide range of languages
covered. Presumably there's more material that doesn't make it online
(or is delayed before making it into a digital library)

Some interesting samples:

* an 1844 Baedeker of Switzerland - http://t.co/KPJ6MLg4
* an 1882 bilingual German-English bartending manual -
http://digital.slub-dresden.de/werkansicht/dlf/12164/1/cache.off
* a 1941 bilingual English-Slovenian local church history from Chicago
- http://www.dlib.si/details/URN:NBN:SI:DOC-UUZUDGC5

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk