[pd-discuss] Public Domain in New Zealand

Matt McGregor Matt.McGregor at royalsociety.org.nz
Wed Nov 20 22:16:38 UTC 2013

Hi all,

To quickly introduce myself: I'm Matt from Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand, and  I've seen some interest from the GLAM sector in CCNZ helping to produce a public domain calculator. I've had a peak at what has been produced by other jurisdictions,  and I think we can pull together the necessary legal information.

We're seeing a real move towards clear and standardised PD statements in our public GLAM institutions, particularly with the upcoming World War One centenary, so I think a tool of this sort could be very timely.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt McGregor Creative Commons
DDI: +64 4 470 5779 | Twitter @cc_aotearoa
Creative Commons Aotearoa New Zealand is a project of the Royal Society of New Zealand
11 Turnbull Street, Thorndon | PO Box 598, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
www.creativecommons.org.nz<http://www.creativecommons.org.nz/>