[pd-discuss] Public Domain - Workshop at OKcon and event series

Daniel Boos boos.dani at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 11:30:26 UTC 2013

Hi

We (Primavera, Mario and i) would like to invite you to our workshop on
Thursday 19 from 10-13 and 15-18 on remixing public domain material.

The Re:Public Domain Remix & Walk is an event run by Dock18, the Open
Knowledge Foundation France, Wikimedia (France & Switzerland) and Migros
Kulturprozent aimed at encouraging people to remix public domain works in a
creative way. In France a Public Domain Remix partnership challenge was
started specifically seeking to promote the use and reuse of public domain
works through an interdisciplinary and transmedial approach: rather than
following the same medium, we encourage people to shift from one medium to
the other (e.g. remixing a literary work into music, a photograph into a
sculpture, etc). In Switzerland four Re:Public Domain events will explore
the use of public domain works based on tools (eg. serigraphy, 3d printing,
apps) build by artists. Overall the goal of all this activities is to
promote the public domain by showing what can actually be done with it. **

http://okcon.org/open-culture/session-b/
or more details
See more at: http://republicdomain.ch/en/walk/

The event is part of a larger event series in Switzerland. Those are:
19.9.2013 Re:Public Domain Walk & Remix,  Kulturbüro Genf
27.9.2013 Night Rote Fabrik Zürich
20.10.2013 Matinee Forum Schlossplatz Aarau
22.11.2013 Show Grand Palais Bern

The events are described in detail at http://republicdomain.ch.
The idea is described at http://republicdomain.ch/about

We would be very happy, if you can distribute the information about the
event series. We also happy to hear about potential blogs, sites, event
calenders, where we could announce and report about the events.

We will report about the event and output of the event. We are also happy
to collaborate with other persons and organisations interested in the topic
of remixing the public domain.

Best
Daniel