[Pdr] Music for the Public Domain Review

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Thu Apr 5 11:30:22 UTC 2012

Adam and I had a good conversation yesterday about starting to feature
collections of public domain music curated by bloggers and Youtube
enthusiasts.

1. These would be part of the collection series but branded a bit
differently so we could properly launch the new addition to the PDR
2. Focus would be, as ever, on lesser know genres or strains of music
3. Generally speaking we'd use a PDR Sound Cloud channel to make the
selection available - thus hopefully generating interest from within the
Sound Cloud community
4. We'd aim for a monthly contribution
5. Usually collections would be about 10 tracks of reasonable quality on a
particular theme or form a specific genre - with a paragraph of context and
maybe even a few sentences on each track. Although we should allow for the
fact some of the people won't know much about the records

I've started a document of ideas of bloggers to ask:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al6mO9_3Hr2PdHlKbS03cURuSklLWUNzTmxxYmhGamc#gid=0

Please add as you see fit!

Sam

--