[Pdr] Piece from Jack Zipes

Jonathan Gray j.gray at cantab.net
Sun Feb 5 13:50:29 UTC 2012

Jack Zipes has offered to write something on the omitted tales from
the 1812 edition of the Brothers Grimm's Kinder- und Hausmaerchen (see
below). This year is the 200th anniversary of this first edition. As
one of the world's leading Grimm experts, Jack is in very high demand,
so this is a really big deal!

I'll follow up with him in April/May. On my list!

After I hear from him, I'll write to Marina Warner about something
else in this area.

Also I was thinking of writing to Rodney Engen, the curator of a big
exhibition about fairy tale illustrations at Dulwich Picture Gallery
[1], to write about public domain illustrations of a particular tales,
visual interpretation of tales, his favourite illustrations, or
something else.

What do yous think?

J.

[1] http://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org.uk/exhibitions/past_exhibitions/the_age_of_enchantment.aspx