[Pdr] Fwd: Help with Philosopher's Favourite Artwork

Jonathan Gray j.gray at cantab.net
Sat Mar 3 18:59:42 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Sam Leon <sam.leon at okfn.org> wrote:
> What's our policy on the PDR? Do we post public domain images regardless of
> whether the institution that digitized them believes that a scan is a
> copyrightable work?

Nope - we usually publish only images which are available under an
open license, or which are found on Wikimedia Commons. WMF have their
own policy on copyright in images of public domain works (basically
they don't believe in it), but we don't take such a strong stance.

> @Jonny: also worth thinking about in connection with TEXTUS EU. I had dinner
> with Net7 last night and they were interested in thinking about ways that
> TEXTUS EU could support texts and excerpts could be collected together with
> other materials such as images and linked in various ways. - mainly for
> teaching purposes.

Yes definitely.

> Funny that this comes through today as it seems to be the exact use case we
> were discussing.

Great - shall I get in touch with they guy?

J.

> Sam
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Jonathan Gray <j.gray at cantab.net> wrote:
>>
>> This looks interesting. What about publishing some of them on the
>> Public Domain Review? Shall I ask him?
>>
>> J.

Jonathan Gray
http://jonathangray.org