[Product] Null values in GTIN Name

Philippe Plagnol philippe.plagnol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 15:55:50 UTC 2014

Hello Puneet,

the database has been loaded using scrapping scripts. The source was not
structured, the name, brand, size was melt in the same label,...
and for brand and category, everything has be done manually ! see the stats
here
http://www.product-open-data.com/data-quality-3.html
http://www.product-open-data.com/data-quality-2.html

there's still a lot of work to do : a product manager is required to be
able to ork as a team and to continue to assign brand, name, category to
products of the database,...
for the moment, we only have a brand manager (it was a big work ! ) >>>>>>>
http://product.okfn.org/brand/
we assign a BSIN to each brand used in product open data

but such manager must be developed for the products
>>> https://github.com/okfn/product-manager
you will remark that the github project is empty,.... waiting for
contribution !

about the last refresh : i have always been alone to manage this database
because ... the product manager to work with a collaborative team was not
existing ! so since I left France to go in Asia, no movement it's normal !

update the database is easy, we just need to have a group of 2 or 3
developers (python / django) working during .... 1 month .. to have a first
release !
and of course, it is absolutly required to have a basic knowledge of GTIN,
GCP, GPC, GS1 concepts because without this, I wonder how it's possible to
scrap the web !

I spent 14 months of this project and I gathered 1 million of reference (no
High tech) so just imagine what can do a group during few month,...

++ Philippe