[Product] POD

TLMCN thomas at enventeco.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 15:56:54 UTC 2014

Would really like to hear from anybody that can give me some background on
the current state of the project, regarding the database architecture,
vision and sources of data.

Source databases of barcodes from organisations that wish to promote their
clients products and add additional layers of information, interest for end
users.

- Fairtrade Association
- Soil Association
- Other certificate organizations
- iZettle, mobile payment companies product library

There should be an input interface/ procedure/ app for garnering this
information as much as possible. POD should make itself as useful to
consumers as possible, showing them where there may be conflicts between
their purchasing decisions and psychometric values. Another feature could
be a function for households or businesses to help with shopping.

- Scan barcode from a phone or laptop webcam
- Get product information by removing the labelling and placing it in a
flatbed scanner to make it more readily machine readable and identify
tables of ingredients, nutritional guidance, recycling information etc.

Not clear what the status of the mIData legislation is, only that the
consultation period is now concluded, an amendment to the legislation could
be considered to make it a legal requirement for companies/ importers/
producers to disclose barcode information.

Will also look at different choke points such as ports and their
infrastructure for keeping track of the goods passing through.

I have many more ideas about how to make this work and encourage people to
contribute to the database also.

Please let me know what you think and involve me in any solution that you
are trying to build as well so we can see about pooling resources to make
this come true.

Best regards

--
*Thomas LMCN*

*ENVENTECO Ltd.*
*The confluence of environment and technology.*

information that is legally privileged. It is prohibited to disclose, copy
or distribute any information contained in it if you are not the intended
recipient. Please delete it immediately and inform the sender.

Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard inbound and outbound emails, I
cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or compatible with your
computer systems and do not accept any liability in respect of viruses or
computer problems experienced.