[Product] WikiObject Project and join forces

Quico Prol franprol at gmail.com
Mon Mar 27 19:42:44 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm Quico Prol, Little Social Projects
<http://www.littlesocialprojects.org/en/about> (initiative) and BricoLabs
<https://bricolabs.cc/> (hackerspace) co-founder.

I have just discover Open Product Data, It's quite cool and neccessary, the
thing is that I have been working in a quite similiar project WikiObject
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiObject>

WikiObject is a wikimedia proposal, the main idea is use wikidata
infrestructure for store every object and wikidata properties like
manufacturer <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P176>, brand
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P1716> , etc...

Here is an object example :
https://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/?q=Q25814150

I was reading about Open Product Data not sure about it's infrastructure or
future guidelines but one first step that could be make is a property
proposal <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal> in
wikidata for BSIN code (Brand Standard Identifier Number and try to tend a
bridge beetween two projects. I also made a property proposal for GTIN
<https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/Global_Trade_Information_Number_(GTIN)>
.

So I'm glad to find this project and I think that maybe we could empower it
all togther in some way.

greetings