[publicdata-eu] Countries on publicdata.eu

William Waites ww at styx.org
Mon Feb 7 12:42:56 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-07 13:31:02 +0100] Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> écrit:

] 1) Remove CKAN.net
] 2) Manually re-classify all packages on CKAN to add a country (and language).
]
] Since CKAN is an incredibly useful resource, I'm strongly against
] removing it completely,

I agree

] so I'm curious if we can have a CKAN schema
] extension party?

But I also think that country might not be relevant or applicable
to many packages not published by a government or published jointly
by organisations in different countries (Is dbpedia German? American?
Irish? or what... What about open street map? etc)

So I would suggest that EU data from government bodies at any
level is specifically tagged with "eudata" or similar and
the filter on that for publicdata.eu

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>