[School-of-data] Sprint review

Laura Newman laura.newman at okfn.org
Mon May 28 16:11:39 UTC 2012

Hi team,

A huge thank you once again to everyone who attended the virtual sprint
last week. It was a real pleasure to meet so many of you on IRC, skype and
the etherpads, and I hope you all enjoyed the virtual sprint as much as we
did :)

The in-person sprint in Berlin was also a great success, with much progress
made. We were lucky to be able to use our time together to expand upon the
original idea behind the School, and we now have a great infrastructure in
place which we're looking forward to 'unveiling' later this week - pending
a few graphics and a final bit of tidying!

I also saw some excellent questions from Jessy come through on the mailing
list. We will be getting a blog post up in the coming days which should
answer these questions and many more. Watch this space...

We also plan to divide this mailing list later this week into an 'announce'
list (low traffic, for occasional updates only), plus a development list
for suggesting materials, road-testing courses and developing resources.
More details to follow shortly, but in the meantime, if you feel like more
of an 'announce' person please do bear with us - the volume of mail will
soon reduce!

Thanks again for all your enthusiasm, input and support over the past week,
and I look forward to sharing more news about the School of Data with you
very soon.

All the best,
Laura

--