[School-of-data] A quick hello

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Mon Oct 15 13:54:43 UTC 2012

Hello there School of Data'ers,

I just wanted to drop the lists a quick message to introduce myself to any
of those of you who don't know me already. My name is Lucy Chambers and
I've just taken over from Laura Newman as the Project Coordinator for
School of Data. They're big shoes to fill, but I'm really excited about
this project and seeing it develop.

Up until now at the OKFN, I have been working on the OpenSpending.org
project, particularly focussing on how NGOs around the world find, work
with and present data to fulfil their advocacy goals. I was also one of the
3-man editing team behind the Data Journalism Handbook (http://ddjbook.org),
and have been working to train journalists to get ambitious with data and
treat it as a source as they would other information sources. Up until now,
these training efforts have been relatively small and local, and I'm really
looking forward to putting the course materials from this work online for
others to re-use and recreate workshops themselves.

I look forward to getting to know more of you over the coming weeks and
months!

All the best,

Lucy

--