[School-of-data] A flexible tool for visualizing data

Michael Bauer michael.bauer at okfn.org
Thu Apr 11 07:24:10 UTC 2013

Tom,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 01:09:28PM -0400, Tom Morris wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Ayman Moghnieh <ayman at quadrigram.com>wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > It might interest you to check out Quadri.., a cool platform for building
> > customized data visualizations.
> > Amazing! you can build data flows simply by connecting modules.
> > Visualizations can also be combined to create any type of visual metaphor.
> >

> This company (Bestiario) spammed my personal account recently about this
> product.  Is this the list that they harvested the emails from?  Anyone
> else here get spammed?
>
> I don't know what the laws are like in Spain, but in the U.S. there are
> significant financial penalties for breaking the laws about sending
> unsolicited commercial emails.  Not to mention the fact that it makes a
> crappy first impression on someone that you're trying to engage as a
> customer!

We do have similar laws in Austria - and we do get quite a bit of contacts
like that (usually they don't bother to subscribe to a mailinglist;) There
seems to be a wild horde of "we do dataviz" startups out there with little
ideas of good behavior in communities.

I sure hope they don't scrape this list for their address book.

Michael

--
Data Wrangler with the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN.org)
GPG/PGP key: http://tentacleriot.eu/mihi.asc