[School-of-data] Take a ride on the Inequality Subway

Eldan Goldenberg eldang at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 21:30:23 UTC 2013

The Spatial Analysis blog did a tube map of life expectancy in London: http://spatialanalysis.co.uk/2012/07/lives-on-the-line/

but I have some concerns about the data they based it on: http://eldan.co.uk/2012/07/life-expectancies-across-london/

and to some extent those issues will apply generally to attempts at mapping public health or crime statistics for really small areas.  Income, wealth and education are a bit safer to use because there will be a number for every individual or household so the sample sizes don't end up as tiny.

Eldan Goldenberg
eldang at gmail.com | @eldang | eldan.co.uk | skype: eldang
PGP public key: http://eldan.co.uk/eldang.asc