[School-of-data] Geocoding tutorials on the School of Data Blog

Tony.Hirst Tony.Hirst at open.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 22:56:30 UTC 2013

Tom

>We used to have that as one of our examples, but it's against the Google Terms of Service to use the results for anything other than displaying on one of their maps, which isn't usually what you want to do with it.

Ah, yes, terms of service:-(

;-)
tony

Tony Hirst
Personal blog: blog.ouseful.info

Tel/SMS: +44 (0) 1908 652789
Lecturer in Telematics
Dept of Communication and Systems
The Open University
Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
I just posted an OpenRefine recipe for using the Google maps goecoding api (not sure what limits it has?)

http://blog.ouseful.info/2013/02/20/geocoding-using-the-google-maps-geocoder-via-openrefine/