[School-of-data] 2CO COmmunicating COmplexity - International Design Conference - Call for Abstracts

Alfredo Calosci alfredoc at negot.net
Tue Jun 11 17:37:04 UTC 2013

2CO COmmunicating COmplexity - International Design Conference
Alghero, Sardinia, Italy, 25-26 October 2013

2CO is the international conference aimed at exploring languages, approaches and technologies to respond to the emerging need for making complex information accessible through design.

We are happy to announce that we have open the call for contributions for papers, posters and for the 'special junior track session' in the following three areas of interest:

INFORMATIVE-ANIMATION
INTERACTIVE DATA VISUALIZATION
INFO-GRAPHICS

Keynotes speakers
The conference's three main areas of interest will be introduced by 2CO'skeynote speakers: Santiago Ortiz, Michael Stoll, Paul Wells.

Submission and deadlines
The submission procedure (based on the EasyChair submission system) will be available soon. Abstracts will be about 400 words long.

The abstracts' submission deadline is July the 15th
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by August the 30th

Conference format
We wish to make our conference an opportunity for the community of designers facing the 'communicating complexity' challenge to exchange points of view and experiences.
We are looking for contributions and approaches that describe on-going experiences, completed projects, case studies in design methodologies. The focus on 'practical' design-oriented approaches, however, more theory and methodology-centered contributions are also welcome.

Organization
2CO is organized by the Alghero Department of Architecture, Design and Planning (DADU) of the University of Sassari, Italy, with a consortium of partner Universities including:
• ELISAVA, Barcelona School of Design and Engineering, Spain
• TEI, Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece
• Escola Superior de Educação e Comunicação, Universidade do Algarve, Portugal
• Liverpool School of Art & Design, Liverpool John Moores University, United Kingdom.

If you wish to stay in touch with us, follow the news and tweets section of our site, or follow us on Twitter: @2COConference and Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/2COInternationalDesignConference

http://www.2coconference.org
info at 2coconference.org