[School-of-data] School of Data Mailing List Announcement

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Thu Mar 7 14:41:32 UTC 2013

Hi All,

As you may or may not be aware School of Data now has an "Announce"
Mailing list.

We've had some feedback from the community that it would be useful to
have a low traffic announce list and a more active list for
discussion. Over the next week, I will be migrating the members of
this list over to the announce list.

The announce list will be a low-traffic roundup of the happenings from
the School of Data community including:

* New courses and tutorials in your inbox
* Newsletter Roundups and updates from the blog
* Upcoming events of interest
* etc

The discussion list will remain for anyone who would like to:

* Share links, events and ideas of their own with the community
* Discuss the direction of School of Data or teaching data skills in general
* Get help with data-wrangling issues they are stuck on, discuss tools
and methods
* Other topics that you feel would be relevant to the School of Data community

If you are happy with this change - no further action is needed. If
you do not wish to be added to the announce list - please simply email
me off list and I will make sure your settings are not changed. I will
make this change on Monday 11th March, so please make sure to email me
by then.

(Please note - we will *not* automatically unsubscribe you from the
discussion list. You can make changes to your subscription settings at
any time using the links at the bottom of these emails.)

Many thanks,

Lucy