[School-of-data] How Are Civil Society Organisations Using Data to Pursue Their Mission?

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Thu May 30 08:03:37 UTC 2013

Hi All,

We need your case studies for how Civil Society Organisations are using
data to pursue their mission

Liliana Bounegru, who recently joined the School of Data team is getting
straight down to work sourcing the best case studies from around the world,
which we will then showcase on the School of Data blog as inspiration to
others!

Whether it is  greater election transparency, alerting people in conflict
zones to attacks, or reporting and advocacy around energy and climate
change - we're interested in case studies that show how data can be
wrangled into evidence and change.

If you know of any particularly compelling examples, then we’d love to hear
from you. You can contact Liliana:

* via email (liliana.bounegru[at]okfn.org),
* via this form: http://bit.ly/1408bic
* or Twitter using the hashtag #data4csos.

The full blog post about what Liliana is hunting can be found here:
http://schoolofdata.org/2013/05/30/how-are-civil-society-organisations-using-data-to-pursue-their-mission-2/

Take care,

Lucy

--

Lucy Chambers

Project Coordinator  | skype: lucyfediachambers  |  tel: +44 7909 330731  |
 @lucyfedia

The Open Knowledge Foundation

Empowering through Open Knowledge

http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn  |  OKF on Facebook  |  Blog  |  Newsletter

OpenSpending | http://openspending.org/ | @openspending | Tracking every
government financial transaction across the world

School of Data | http://schoolofdata.org | @schoolofdata | Evidence is Power